Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 2: Skill + 1UP


Todays blog post is about a skill that has been improved in the last year and I think my choice for this topic is joining. I'm not very good at it, when it comes to knitting or crocheting. I think I have improved vastly in the past year, and I've learned to take my time with it, but there is still room for improvement. A year ago my doll heads would be floppy, arms would have flat joints, it was bad. Today I can make it look pretty decent if I take my time. 

I think another related skill that I've learned isn't really knitting or crocheting related, but a skill none the less. I have a habit of looking at patterns and going "Oh, that's cute! I need to make it NOW!" When, in reality, I want to make it now because it's pretty. Not because I'd ever actually finish it, much less use it. So, over the past couple years I have learned to look at a pattern and go "I'd like to keep that in my library, but not go hunt down yarn/needles/supplies for this project right this second. 

I actually finished a project today! The first in a long time. It's my March Christmas ornament, for the group I'm in on Ravelry. 

And we had Sylvester sitting on the kitchen floor today, he was having a blast! He would just start giggling insanely for, what we can only assume is, no reason at all. He was having a lot of fun until he pushed backwards suddenly and his butt slid out from under him and he hit his head on the kitchen floor. :( He is totally fine, as soon as Daddy picked him up he stopped crying, but play time was over.

No comments:

Post a Comment