Monday, March 28, 2011

2nd Annual Crochet and Knitting Blog Week.

So, I'm going to try to do this this year and keep up with it. The question is, can I count it as a project for my 111 Projects due this year? I think so!


Todays subject is two yarns you love, hate or lust after.

My most loved yarn is simple, cheap and I can't get enough of it. I love Sugar 'n Cream yarn. I really love any cotton yarn, but I own so much Sugar 'n Cream it's not even funny. I could probably make enough washcloths/dishcloths for most South Carolina and still make a set for myself. This yarn can be a bit scratchy when you're working with it, but it washes/dries to me extremely soft and absorbent. If Sugar 'n Cream is a little too scratchy for you, try Knit Picks Shine, it comes in a ton of beautiful colors and it's soft.

I'm not really sure I have a least favorite yarn (... it is yarn after all) but I'm not a fan of working with wool. Mostly because it's scratchy and it makes my hands itch and it seriously dries them out. I will have lines of cracked/dry skin where the yarn runs through my fingers. I do use superwash wool/nylon blends a lot for socks, but that's about the only place that I will use wool of any sort.

On another note - I donated 10 inches of hair to locks of love today. I'm still in shock over how short my hair is, but I'm sure it will grow on me (haha). But I'm happy to donate it and let someone else be able to enjoy it as much as I do! Here's some before and after pictures. I haven't gotten a good picture from the front yet, but I will try in the next couple days.


No comments:

Post a Comment