Friday, November 12, 2010

Washcloths for Beowulf and Krystal and a Hooter Hider

Friends of mine are having a baby in March and I wanted to make them some stuff. Having a newborn of my own it was going to have to be something small, so I decided to make them a couple washcloths, and I'm going to make them a hat or two. Oh So Soft Baby Washcloths (Ravelry link) is the pattern I used. It was really quick and simple to make and I'd never done reverse sc (crab stitch) before, so that was cool to learn.


I also made a "Hooter Hider" for nursing in public. I haven't actually used it in public but I've used it at the house to nurse while we have people over to visit. The tutorial I used is on Blisstree.com, though it has no measurements for seam allowances or anything like that. I wrote down what I used though, so if I make another one I'll have them. It only took me a couple hours to make it but it would have taken less time if I wasn't figuring out how I wanted to do the tails and all. 
(In use)

No comments:

Post a Comment