Saturday, October 30, 2010

Trying to find my groove.

So, Sylvester has been home since Monday and we're trying to find a groove. He's doing great, nursing great. We had a bit of a bumpy start, but I went to the lactation consultant on Wednesday, I think, and he did great. Drank about 3.5 ounces while we were there. I wish there were a way I could tell if he's getting enough here or how much he's getting but I just have to assume he is from his wet diapers. He's got a cough that I'm not liking at all and the pediatrician thinks it might be reflux so we're watching for signs of that. One of the other signs is that he spits up if we lay him down right after we feed him. We're also having some problems at night, he wants to be awake in the middle of the night and I can't figure out why. He wants to be up for two hours or more after he nurses and he nurses every 4-5 hours, so it's really hard to get any sleep at all. I'm not sure if it's not as bad during the day because that's when I'm used to being awake or if he just doesn't do it as much.

I've been really depressed which isn't helping anything or anybody at all. I'm debating going on Monday to the OB and talking about antidepressants because I can't keep from crying. I hate being alone (just me and Sylvester or alone), I feel alone constantly. Sly's either in school or at work, and can't be up at night because he's got those the next day. I'm not sure which is worse, the middle of the night or the weekend. I'm spending this weekend trying to catch up on sleep to see if that'll help. I think it has a bit, but I'm still feeling really blue. This next week I'm going to try to start going out and see if that helps too. But for now I'm going to go shower while he's sleeping!

Here's a cute Halloween pictures, Sly had the idea to do this and it's freaking awesome. Sylvester wasn't impressed at all, I'm not sure he's forgiven us yet, actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment