Monday, December 23, 2013

Menu Monday... The Return...

Stovetop Granola from Allrecipes.com
It's Christmas time! Woohooo!! I'm writing this post on Yule, it's currently 78 degrees in my house and I'm loving being sock free. I'm not going to lie, I love hand knit socks, but I love not having to wear socks. :p

Alright, this week is a little weird because it's Christmas week. We're doing two celebrations - Christmas Eve we're going to have Meatball Subs and chicken fingers. My Dad and Stepmom just moved (they will have been here for 3 days) and we just aren't up to doing a huge dinner after that. And frankly, we don't care, it's about being with family. Christmas day we are doing a larger dinner, Sly's family is coming over and the whole nine yards. I'm only making the Mac 'n' Cheese this year, thankfully. 

Merry Christmas! Merry Yule! Happy New Year! :)

P.S. I've been making this granola weekly. Double batch. It's amazing. We sometimes add pecans or cinnamon. Pumpkin spice... cranberries, raisins, etc. We haven't bought chips since we started making this stuff. Why eat chips when you can have this? It's amazing stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment