Saturday, November 23, 2013

Colorwork Knitting

Finished with the first chart
I recently finished my first colorwork project! Woohoo! I have always shied away from colorwork knitting because I've never been comfortable with knitting charts but this project, and a couple recent sock projects, have helped me with learning to read them.
One of the groups I'm in on Ravelry was having a colorwork KAL which is what finally gave me the kick to make something like this. I decided on the Edith the Hat (Ravelry link - must have an account to view) pattern. 
After I was done knitting the hat I picked up stitches around the inner band and knit a lining. No worries about pulling on the floats now! I have to admit, I was a bit stressed about the fit before blocking, it seemed way too tight, but it fits fantastically after blocking. 





















So, the reason I sat down to write this post was because the menu post might be a little late this week. Or maybe I won't do one, it's Thanksgiving week, I'll probably only cook a couple days. ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment