Thursday, July 18, 2013

First Onions

The first onion came out of the garden this morning... 

























We're going to let them dry for two days inside and then clean them and get them outside for a couple weeks. That's about what I've been reading online. I think we'll plant more within the next couple days, see if we can get a few more before winter. These aren't huge but I always end up throwing away half an onion when we buy them in the store. 

Our tomatoes didn't make it, because of early blight I believe, so I'll try to find a good tomato plant and get that in there too. While I'm out I'll also look to see if I can find some broccoli and lettuce, if I can't, I'll start seeds and try to get those in by mid August. 

I'm very thankful we aren't relying on the garden as a major food source but I'm enjoying trying different things. I can't wait to see how the sweet potatoes come out!

No comments:

Post a Comment