Monday, January 7, 2013

Menu Monday... is back!

Picture from Allrecipes.com Potato Rounds

Our recipes this week:
Baked Ziti
French Bread Pizza
Cheese and Baked Potato Rounds
Frito Pie
Crockpot Pineapple Chicken (see below)

I have to start this week off by saying I am so glad to be doing a menu again after the Holidays. I was very burnt out on it and didn't really want to keep doing it but after just one week of "what's for dinner?" - with the dreaded answer "I don't know." I'm ready to start again and keep it going.

The last menu I put up had Ranch Cheddar Chicken and Beef Stew on it. The ranch cheddar chicken was a little too bitter for me, I think because I used sharp cheddar cheese, but Sly and Sylvester liked it. The beef stew was a hit all around - it was the most prepping I've done for a crockpot recipe before, but completely worth it, none of it went to waste. 

I have another recipe I found on Pinterest but can't find any website to link it to, if you've seen this somewhere, please let me know!

Recipe: ***(Please note that I have not made this recipe yet! I will make it this week and let you know how it goes next week)***
Crockpot Pineapple Chicken
Ingredients: 
1 cup pineapple juice 
1/2 cup packed brown sugar 
1/3 cup light soy sauce 
2 pounds chicken breast tenderloins.
Directions:
Cook on low 6-8 hrs and they should just fall apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment