Saturday, November 24, 2012

Small Business Saturday

Sly, Sylvester and I went to visit my Dad for Thanksgiving and we had a great time. We got up before the sun and did some shopping on Black Friday. My Dads wife Elaine stayed at home with Sylvester and, being the champ that he is, he slept from 630pm until 9am! I love that kid. (... when he sleeps.) ;)

Today Mom and I went out for "Small Business Saturday." If you haven't heard of it it's a promotion to encourage people to buy from their local small businesses. Small businesses don't (and can't) run the specials that big box stores run but there were a still a ton of local stores having sales through the weekend. 

We went to our LYS and I made out like a bandit. I picked up several skeins of sock yarn for $3.50ish or about half price and also found some sock yarn to make Sly a new pair. I haven't figured out which pattern I will use yet but I got sport weight yarn. I made him a pair of fingering weight socks and he said he'd like a thicker pair next time. Do you have a favorite sport weight mens sock pattern?
I'm considering using the Wildfoote Red and and the Cascade there together. I would use the red as a accent color, maybe some stripes at the cuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment