Saturday, July 21, 2012

Only Two Yards Left...

I've been knitting for years, off and on, but I've always had sweater knitting anxiety. I only know a few people locally who knit and they always talked about sweater knitting like it was the holy grail. You either ended up with an ugly Christmas sweater or a crop top.


I finally decided to face my anxiety and joined a KAL and make my first sweater. I used the Atelier pattern and Elsebeth Lavold Wools. This pattern is very easy. I knit long sleeves instead of 3/4 using the modifications found here. The thing I liked most about this sweater is that it's seamless. Yes! I hate seaming with a passion. You did have to seam the pockets, but that was pretty easy once I got started.
I finished my first sweater with only two yards left in the 6 skeins I had planned on using. I still have two more, I bought them as a bundle, but I've got no idea what I'm going to do with them.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm jealous!! Maybe one day I'll make it to that level...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have every bit of skill you need to knit this. It's easy!

      Delete