Monday, July 23, 2012

Menu Monday




Monday:
Left Overs
Tuesday:
Pizza
Wednesday:
Frito Pie
Thursday:
Left Overs
Friday:
Tacos
Saturday:
Left Overs
Sunday:
Breakfast - Eggs, maple bacon and biscuits


I don't have much interest in cooking for several weeks at a time, but I am interested in having food frozen, in case I don't feel like cooking. But I honestly have no idea what would freeze well and what wouldn't. Do you have any recipes you've cooked and frozen, that reheated well? Or things I can freeze and throw into the crockpot easily? 

5 comments:

  1. I tried cooking a whole bunch ahead once...but I'm not good at following through after the cooking is done. Cook up batches of ground beef though, wrap it in freezer paper then into ziplock baggies, ready for spaghetti or taco night with some reheating and added seasoning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I might do that next time we buy hamburger, we usually buy in bulk, so this would be convenient.

      Delete
  2. Look up recipes for "dump chicken" (I know it sounds gross!) You basically dump chicken breasts (or other meat) into a bag and then add sauce and some veggies. It freezes well. Then you just put the whole thing into the crockpot... still frozen.

    Easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard of dump chicken, probably through you, and it sounds awesome. That's exactly the kind of thing I need to do. I need to find some good burrito recipes too.

      Delete
  3. I found this site on my newest addiction, Pinterest. They're all freezeable meaks and some of them look sooo yummy! http://www.jamiecooksitup.net/2012/03/35-freezer-safe-recipes.html

    ReplyDelete