Sunday, January 15, 2012

Week 2: Sky Scarf

We had our first stormy day of the year! I have to admit, when I saw it raining I was more than a little excited about getting to use my dark grey for this scarf. ;)
I'd never used such fine (in weight and quality) yarns before this project. I've always been a mostly acrylic or kitchen cotton kind of girl. This scarf is going to be so soft when it's finished, every time I add a row I just want to squeeze it a few dozen times. Who knew mohair, wool, alpaca, angora and bamboo could be so soft?!
Judging by the way this is working up now, the scarf will be about 5 foot when it's finished. I think that will be plenty long enough for me. I'm loving this project, it's my favorite in a long time.

2 comments:

  1. It's so beautiful so far!! My scarf would be mostly grey, considering where I live. ;)

    Good for you for getting some beautiful yarn to work this project! It makes such a big difference to have something you absolutely love when it's complete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing wrong with a grey scarf! Hehe. Given how the summers are here, it's going to have a large junk that's grey mixed with shocking blue. Too bad you can't catch humid in a scarf. :p

      Delete