Tuesday, January 10, 2012

First Project of the Year

I finished my first project of the year a couple days ago! It was also my first felting project, that was a bit nerve wracking. I mentioned wanting to make Sly a pair of slippers from the Patons: Family Felting book. I liked the pattern over all, it fairly easy to follow, they worked up super quick and it used less then one skein of yarn. 


They didn't felt quite as much as I had wanted, especially on top. The bottoms are much more felted then the tops. I'm not sure why that is, but it's not a big deal. I first threw them in there by themselves and they didn't felt at all, so I had to throw a towel in with them to get them to felt in my front loading machine. I also used the shortest possible cycle, so I could check on them. 
Prefelting




No comments:

Post a Comment