I made these teething biscuits for Sylvester after buying a few boxes from the store. He seems to enjoy these more and they're much cheaper! Also, they're higher in fiber, less sugar and other junk.
Here's the recipe I used from the book Do It Gorgeously: How to Make Less Toxic, Less Expensive, and More Beautiful Products.
The book says these last about 10 days in an airtight container.
Yield: 12 medium biscuits
1 cup organic whole-wheat flour
1 cup organic dry baby rice cereal
3 tbsp. virgin coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees (F).
2. Mix the flour and rice cereal in a medium bowl.
3. Stir in the oil.
4. Add enough ice water to create a big, sticky ball of dough.
5. Transfer the ball to a pastry bag or plastic bag with the bottom corner slipped off.
6. Pipe out onto a greased baking sheet any shape that takes your fancy. I like to pipe out ring shapes.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool.
My personal notes: I used oatmeal cereal and I added 1/2tsp vanilla extract for sweetness.
Sylvester loves these biscuits. He puts the rings on his fingers and carries them around all day nibbling off little bits at a time. And the frosting on the cake, I had everything on hand to make