Thursday, February 28, 2013

Java Socks

These are the Java Socks pattern off Knitty.com.  I wish I could say they were quick to knit but they're for my husband - I haven't come across a "quick" pair of socks for guys feet yet.
These socks were fun to knit, lots and lots cables but that gave me the opportunity and inspiration to learn how to cable without a needle. Which was, actually, quite easy with Grumperina's tutorial.
I used Berroco Ultra Alpaca Fine yarn... I can't say enough good things about this yarn. It was wound for a year (closer to two) and I soaked it, dried it, rewound it and it still knit up beautifully and quite stretchy. I was very worried that having been stretched that long it wouldn't have much bounce left but I was wrong. The color is just perfect for these socks!

No comments:

Post a Comment