Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Little Fat Robin

I knit this Fat Robin (Ravelry link) as a swap gift but I might end making a second one. Sylvester loved that the eggs tucked up under the "wings." He couldn't get enough of taking them out and putting them back while yelling "BIRD! BIRD!"

I think the nest was the neatest part to knit - you started with a few stitches and increased, knit even for a few rounds and then knit the fringe by adding loops and later cutting them, then decreasing back down. The fringe was kind of nerve wracking! I had never purposely cut my knitting before. Haha. You do tie knits in each loop, though, so it's not like it's going to go anywhere.
This yarn took five different colors but it took so little of each color you could easily make other projects from the same skeins. I love a project that gives me a reason to buy yarn and then have left overs. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment