Monday, April 2, 2012

Menu Monday


Monday:
Egg Salad
Chicken Salad
Tuesday:
Pizza
Wednesday:
Left Overs/Family Night
Thursday:
Slow Cooker Hearty Beef Chili
Friday:
Sweet Corn Bread
Saturday:
Left Overs
Sunday:
Best Ever Muffins


Last week we made fried chicken, my first time, and it turns out great! Everyone enjoyed it, especially Sylvester. This week I'm going to try to make corn bread to go with the chili, hopefully it will turn out good. I absolutely adore corn bread! MmMMmMm.


We're back to making too much food again, so I put in two left over days this week. I truly hate throwing out food, so we're going to either have to start freezing stuff (my preferred solution) or cutting the portions I cook. It will also be a difference when Donald moves, because that will be one less person eating, so we'll really have to cut down then.


Sly found a new (to us) grocery app for Android, called Grocery IQ. It allows you to put in the prices, scan the barcodes and even note what aisle (and what store) it's found on, all of which I can enter from my phone or computer. Hopefully this will make the shopping easier. I'm going to start printing out coupons more and I believe it allows you to note that too. 

1 comment:

  1. I used Grocery IQ all the time when I lived in VA. Really helped me keep track of things to buy at Target and Costco, since I had to drive 15 minutes away to go to Costco.

    Oh yeah, and I had Grocery IQ a long time ago because I have an iPhone. Just sayin' =PPPPP

    ReplyDelete