Friday, January 20, 2012

First socks of 2012

This is the first pair of adult socks I've knit in 2 or 3 years and they show it! The mistakes are frequent (incluing undoing one of the toes completely) and noticable. But that's ok, that's why I went with a quick and easy pair of socks to get my feet wet, so to speak.
I had the best helper when taking these pictures.
I can't wait to try toe up socks, next! I'm excited at how easy it seems to size those to your feet. Judging from the socks I've made in the past, I have narrow feet, there's often too much room around the arch of my foot.

What's your favorite way to knit socks? Favorite sock yarn? I'd love to know!

1 comment:

  1. I don't see ANY errors! You did a great job. They look super cozy.

    I'm knitting a pair of socks for a friend right now out of Knit Picks hand-dyed sock yarn. It's great! A little pilly, but for the price I can't complain.

    I get bored with 2nd socks. I might try doing 2 at a time socks next!

    ReplyDelete