Friday, September 23, 2011

Sleep, sleep, lack of sleep and more sleep.

Sylvester's sleep was getting really terrible, he was up every couple hours, sometimes for a couple hours at a time. We decided something had to change and I got the The Sleepeasy Solutionbook for my Nook. I had planned on reading the book first, then starting the training, but the night I got the book he decided to do it again, so we started with a rough idea of what we were doing. It's now been 9 days since we started, he's sleeping 10+ hours a night, sometimes he'll wake up at 0530, but that's before our get up time, so we do check ins just like at night. He ranges from crying between 5-45 minutes still, but I think that will improve once we get his naps back.

Tomorrow I'm going to start "nap training." He's not sleeping during the day much at all, take today for example, I got two 35 minute naps out of him, when he should be getting 2 two hour naps per day, plus 12ish hours at night. I wouldn't be so worried about it if it weren't for the fact that he's beginning to shows signs of lack of sleep. He's listless, grumpy, cries a whole lot more, and doesn't flirt anymore. All bad signs, especially the last one. *winks*

I'm not really looking forward to starting this, especially by myself, I don't handle his crying very well. It breaks my heart every night I put him down for the night that I have to leave him crying and alone. I tell myself it's for his own good and he's got to learn to sleep, for his own health and ours, but that doesn't make it any easier in the end. I am, however, looking forward to having my happy baby back, so I'm truly praying that's the results we get from all this. I said I would give it 10 days, and I'm extending that to 14 so I can get nap training in. If this doesn't work, I'm not sure what we're going to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment