Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11

I can't believe it's been 10 years. I can't imagine how many people are still hurting from this attack. So many people lost that day, and after. So many U.S. Soldiers lost, so many firefighters and cops. My prayers are with you, every day, not just today.

Thank you to all the Troops that are still trying to get justice for the people lost that day. You're true heroes.

Ten years ago today, I was sitting with my Dad and his roommate Eric in Goose Creek, SC. Right near the Naval Weapon Station Base. We were watching the news right after the first tower got hit, we saw the second one get hit. It was like being punched, even though we were hundreds of miles away. My Dad immediately called Dan, my Moms boyfriend, to come get us and get us as far away from the base as possible. The fact that he didn't want us there, scared me to death, even at 15 years old. I remember crying because I couldn't get a hold of Sly, he was in school to become a Sergeant in the U.S. Army. I had no idea where he was or what he was going through, if he was going to get to call me if they shipped him over to fight these terrorist or not. Would I see him again? Would I get to hug him again? And I knew that's what all those families were thinking about their military family, the family in those towers, the pentagon, that flight in PA.

No comments:

Post a Comment