Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Dinner this week

Part of me being able to stay home is having to cook more, and this week I decided I wanted to try some new recipes.

We have had these so far this week:
  • Baked Ziti - We ate lunch off of this the next day, and I sent some home with Mom and Danny. Total cost $7 for 6 adult meals.
  • Fettuccine Alfredo* - Still eating off of this, but we got 6 adult meals out of it last night. Total cost $8.
  • Marinated Pot Roast** - Tonight dinner, we were given the Pot Roast when a friend was moving. Total cost $4.
I also made more mini cheesecakes to go with the Fettuccine Alfredo, it just seems to go so well together. And I can't get enough cheesecake in my life! 

While we ate dinner last night, Sylvester ate some prunes and pears. The prunes were pureed, the pears whole. He was scraping the pear across his two little bottom teeth to eat it. What a cutie!

* I could have gone for more garlic in this recipe, but that's personal preference. I'm a huge garlic fan.
** This recipe doesn't mention adding veggies to the crock pot, but I went ahead and threw in some carrots and potatoes, which is why it cost anything at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment