Sunday, May 1, 2011

Slow Cooker BBQ

I found this Pulled Pork BBQ recipe on the Cook, Sew, Love blog and I love it! Sly said it was a little on the juicy side but good. When we reheated it for lunch the next day it was even better then the first night and not as juicy. A couple side notes about the recipe - I used 3lbs of Pork, I'm not sure if that's what the recipe meant or not, but I figured it'd last for more left overs. I cooked it for 8 hours on low and then left it on "keep warm" for another 4 hours until Sly got home from work. And I used a Ginger beer which did not have a lot of flavor, so the BBQ sauce really did all the flavoring.

Ingredients:
2 pork tenderloins (about 1.5 pounds)
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 large sweet or yellow onion, chopped
3/4 cup bottled barbecue sauce (your choice)
1/2 cup non-alcoholic amber beer or light beer

Directions:
Coat the inside of the slow cooker with canola cooking spray. Place the pork tenderloins in the bottom of the slow cooker and sprinkle the garlic, salt, and pepper evenly over the top.
Sprinkle chopped onions over the pork and top that with the barbecue sauce and beer. Add the cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours. Shred the pork with a fork and stir to combine all of the ingredients.Serve the pork filling on a whole grain bun or roll.
(copied from Cook, Sew, Love)


Getting ready to throw it all in together!
MMM - pork
Too much onion, oh well!
In the process of pulling it apart.
Pulled all the onions out, Sly doesn't eat onion at all.

2 comments:

  1. Oh that looks yummy! I love pulled pork and that would reheat nicely for my hubby in the middle of the night as well. Might have to try that soon. My only concern is the beer, if I can taste it at all it's too much, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a little worried about the 'beer' word too, but we used a non-alcoholic beer that tasted nothing like beer. I can't stand the stuff, personally.

    ReplyDelete